You could see an orange glow in the night sky around Kechi last night, as a grass fire erupted and spread to pasture. Firefighters say the fire was somehow sparked near the roadway along 53rd Street North just before 7:00 p.m. Sedgwick County Division Chief Ray Hesley says the dry conditions helped fuel the flames. More dry conditions are forecast today, so fire officials ask everyone to please be careful, especially with disposing of cigarette butts. No fire ban is in place, however.
Grass Fire Erupts Near Kechi